Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

New Tools

Today's workout was a combination of basic movements and modern technology. Besides using my phone to film my bench press sets, I also used a cool app called MapMyRun (www.mapmyrun.com) to track my run. Finally, I used a boxing timer app to do my plank sets. I'd love to figure out (or maybe develop) some way to integrate these tools seemlessly. Perhaps a future project!

These tools help me to track my progress in my workouts. Tracking is very important because it gives us objectivity. Goal setting and tracking my progress are key to my improvement. It's like using your GPS to get to a destination. If you you lose the satellite signal, or just "wing it" you can soon find yourself far off track. Tracking helps you stay on...well, on track! It's also very motivating to see your progress over time.

What are some of your goals? Share them with me on Twitter (@yourbryancastro) or in the comments.

November 6, 2015 Workout

Time of workout: 11 AM

Warm up foam rolling
Pushups 5x3 sets 

Bench press
1. 115 x 5 
2. 115 x 5
3. 125 x 5
4. 125 x 5
5. 125 x 5
Time: ~15 min.
Felt great overall. Last set was difficult. Focused on leg drive, bar path, and tight grip. 

Very windy today, but pushed through. Felt good overall.

Plank: 3 sets x 30 seconds with 30 sec. rest in between each set.
Haven't done these in a while. Third set was hard!

Stretching: 5 minutes

Post-Workout Commentary

I'm still a little under the weather, but I felt good enough to get this workout in. I felt great during this workout. First time in a week or so that I had an hour to work out and I made the most of it. I made progress toward two of my major goals while getting some planks in too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment